.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Winning My Wife

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Update

She returned from New York, willing and wishing to work on building a relationship with me. I met her at the airport with 15 roses, dressed in a nice jacket-and-tie. Took her to a decent little restaurant that I had researched online, so I could order for us without consulting the menu. Presented her with a new engagement ring.

Took her to the hotel room, which had about a hundred little candles burning in it. Every surface was covered in rosepetals; the floor, the bed, the bathtub. She was frightened, but inebriated enough to make love with me.

It was really very wonderful.

I brought her home to our children, who were ecstatic to see her. I've been extra attentive, trying to be more sensitive and thoughtful than normal. We've been able to talk. After Christmas, she's willing to go to the counsellor with me to work on issue we have: poor communication, misguided expectations, fear and defensiveness.

I am more hopeful than I have ever been.

I don't know if I will post more here. When things are going well, my urge to write is much less.

Your thoughts and prayers, dear readers, have been greatly appreciated. May your lives have incredible joy. Mine is certainly beginning to.

Peace.

Norseman Jack.

3 Comments:

  • I am thrilled for you. Finally, a story with a happy ending. Blessings.

    By Blogger joy, at 21/12/05 19:21  

  • I'm so glad...please don't disappear. I know this is only the beginning, so I'm praying for you as you continue this very long and difficult road.

    By Blogger VDOprincess, at 23/12/05 13:11  

  • Thanks, ladies. Hopefully there will be a good story to tell after the 25th.

    By Blogger Norseman Jack, at 23/12/05 13:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home